Sunday, March 4, 2007

Where's the Love?

This year, one thing that has displeased me greatly about my law school is the lack of resources/information about the Bar Exam and Bar Preparation. Granted, as law students, we should take matters into our own hands and research the requirements and deadlines for our states, but the school has held our hand through everything else the past two years, you'd think they'd give us SOMETHING. We have one page on our school website that has a bit of bar information, but 80% of the page is devoted to Virginia applicants and irrelevant for the rest of us. It would not be that difficult to post a webpage, send an email, pass around a piece of paper, or hold a mandatory class meeting at the beginning of 3L fall semester with all the bar app deadlines, a description of what might be required by the apps, various bar review programs, etc. As 1L's, we sat through idontknowhowmany hours of career services lectures about how to get a job, where to look for jobs, how to shake hands, how to interview, how to use a spoon properly, and how to write a resume, yet pretty much none of that matters unless we pass the Bar... and the school offers no help with that. I don't think I'm asking too much. I know I am responsible for myself and my future legal career, which is one reason I'm thinking about the Bar NOW, but am I not paying the law school to aid me in these endeavors??!?!?!

Anyway, check out what Golden Gate Univ of Law has posted for their students. They have some useful tips. Maybe i'll email the link to our Dean too...

No comments: