Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Road to being a Lawyer is paved with lots of Paperwork

Tonight a friend and I sat down to fill out our Moral Character and Fitness Apps. We were so paranoid, it made us both laugh out loud - “What do you think they mean by grad school education? Does that include law school?” “What does it mean that something is ‘past due’?” “Can I be a ’resident of California’ if I live in Virginia?” Thankfully, our app was only sixteen (?) pages long and neither of us has a mental disease or prior conviction, so we could skip that half. As my friend said, filling out the App is intimidating, but also a little exciting - This is the beginning of our life as lawyers. This is the beginning of everything we’ve worked so hard for. And, judging by our overly thorough analysis of the Application, its instructions, its language, its “spirit”… I think we’re ready.

No comments: