Monday, June 25, 2007

My Right Hand Man

My new best friend is Black’s Law Dictionary. Who would’ve known it was SO useful?? When I sit down to study, I make sure it has a nice cuddly spot right next to me. It’s poor cover is dogeared and slightly torn - becoming a little ragged and well loved, like my old DeeDee doll from when I was a kid. Especially if you’re using MicroMash which discusses and references a theory/concept/rule 20pgs before it actually tells you what the theory/concept/rule is, a law dictionary is an absolute necessity. Plus, there are awesome words like “hotchpot” and ”fugue” in it. Speaking of which, ”fugue” seems like a good word for how I’ll most likely feel about this summer - “An abnormal state of consciousness in which one appears to function normally, but on recovery has no memory of what one did while in that condition.”

On a totally different note, today I saw the postman and all I could think was - California can’t require you to get a CA driver’s license if you want to drive your postal truck around here… Thanks Con Law for that highly insignificant tip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

The Grand Poobah said...

You simply must visit Rodrigo's site and shop for your favorite camiseta. But first, you must learn Portuguese.

I too have hit the law dictionary a lot lately. Suddenly, the exact meaning of certain terms seems important. Go figure.

K said...

hahaha no time for portuguese when I'm trying to learn the language of property and wills :) Reading those outlines makes me feel like I'm in a foreign country!

Ivy said...

Thanks for the great property outline you posted. I wanted to share the help and post a link to an excellent resource full of CA and MBE outline stuff (including some charts with the new '07 material & flashcards if you want to do them online). You have to register (free), but it's a great site.

Thanks for the blog.

Check out: http://jdjinx.com/jdhome/BarExam/tabid/174/Default.aspx