Saturday, June 16, 2007

Moving on from the MBE stuff

Now that my sexy man is back from his sailing trip, I’ve been able to be slightly more focused on the matters at hand, although occasionally distracted by him, but that is ok :)

These last couple of days I’ve been trying to finish up my review of the MBE subjects. What I’m finding is that I do ok on the questions and can spot the big issues fairly easily, but I have a hard time articulating the rules involved in both the MBE q’s and my practice essays. This is kind of ok on the MBE q’s because, in the end, who cares WHY you got the right answer as long as you got the right answer. However, when it comes to the essays, though, being able to articulate the rules is pretty important. I’ve been thinking a lot about how to approach preparing for the essays and how to memorize all those little details of law. I need to get my hands on some more practice essays. MicroMash gives you a book with 75 essays in it (6-7 per subject), but I have a feeling that I am going to be going through more than 75 essays between now and the end of July. I’m doing some more review of MBE stuff this weekend and then will begin reading for the state subjects and practicing essays for those starting Monday. In addition to the state subjects, I plan to do some MBE’s everyday, try to review my MBE flashcards at least a couple of days a week, and do practice essays regarding the MBE subjects.

While it was nice at N&R’s having my own quiet little place to study, my own fridge, bathroom, etc., there is part of me that is really enjoying hanging out with my sexy man in an SF home where I am currently sharing one bathroom with FIVE other people, and have to negotiate all the beer in the fridge just so I can get to my food. I love this house because it is always filled with people and there is a slight feeling of craziness to it all: In this three bedroom house (but with basement and sunroom), there’s 6 of us here right now, with a cat and a dog; the side of the house is under construction; there is only one shower; there is more beer and wine in the fridge than food (is there ANY food??); there is no dishwasher so there is always a pile of dishes on the countertop; and last night I was woken up at 2am by some of the roommates playing guitar downstairs and singing at the top of their lungs. My honey’s room is a little sanctuary, though, and at least we have access to the sunroom where I can study all day and watch the fog tumble over Twin Peaks into Cole Valley or bask in the warmth of concentrated sunshine, and not be bothered by anyone.

No comments: